My Toilet is Overflowing! What do I Do??
One of the most common types of water damage jobs we at SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/ Wentzville tend to is, toilet related issues such as the supply line or an overflowing toilet. Toilet issues can be caused by a few different things. Your drain could be blocked or clogged, your vent pipe could be blocked, your filler float could be set too high, or it could even be as simple as your supply line breaking. These things can happen to anyone. If you find yourself in a situation like this, remember these tips and exercise them immediately while you wait for help to arrive.
- Remove your toilet tank lid, grab the fill valve, and rig it up so it doesn't refill the tank with anymore water.
- Turn off the water supply near the toilet. Usually there is a valve near the base of the toilet that you can do this with.
- If you aren't able to complete that last step, resort to turning off the water supply for the whole house and or office.
- Mop up the water on the ground, to prevent the water from spreading farther into the home causing more damage.
- Absolutely DO NOT try and flush your toilet while it is overflowing. This will just produce more water which is the opposite of what you want in this situation.
After you have followed the above bullet points call SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville immediately to help you get the damage dried quickly to prevent further damage such as mold.