Gear Up For Spring
There are some things that you as a homeowner can do to help prevent water damage to your home. Spring is known for rain. Here in the Western O’Fallon / Wentzville area we have for sure been dumped on by mother nature this past winter so let’s get ourselves geared up for a heavy weather spring. Expect the worst and hope for the best. So here are a few things you can do.
- Check your gutters. I am sure you all cleaned them out this past fall (wink wink) It is still good practice to check them again for the spring. While your up there please take down those Christmas light if you haven’t already. LOL
- Inspect your roof at least once a year. This is just good practice. We had some heavy winds last week. It would be a lot easier to replace some shingles on your roof than to repair and replace your ceiling, insulation and floors. If you are not sure who to call Dawson Roofing in Flint Hill is good.
- So those are some things you can do to your house but let’s not forget the landscaping. The weather is getting nicer and we are all looking for things to do outside anyway right? Go ahead and take the dog for a walk but after that do these few things to help prevent yourself from having to call SERVPRO of Western O’Fallon / Wentzville.
- Be sure when choosing what to plant that you keep plants with invasive roots away from your foundation and also any pipes or water lines buried in your yard.
- Trees are for sure a great addition to your landscaping but make sure that there are no branches that will damage your siding or roof in a storm.
- This probably goes without saying but make sure that your drains are on a downhill slop away from your foundation.
- I know we all love a sprinkler system but be sure they are not spraying water at your foundation.
- If you have done all of this and still find yourself in a bind do no hesitate to call us 24/7. Water damage is one of those things that become more and more costly over time. You do not want to leave it sit. Also keep in mind that not done properly you may be calling us for mold damage in the future.