Dealing with Contaminated Water Damages
When your toilet backs up into your newly finished basement, who are you going to call?
SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville crew technicians are specially trained to handle mitigation of a contaminated water damage event such as this. Our crews are ready to respond to your emergency at any hours of the night with 24/7 emergency services. Before help arrives, we have constructed a list of Do's and Don'ts for contaminated water damages.
- Avoid all contact with contaminated area and items contaminated.
- Wash hands thoroughly if you had contact with contaminated items.
- If possible stay completely out of affected areas.
Don't do this
- Don't spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Don't turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air particles.
- Don't use household fans to dry structure, this could also spread contaminants
- Don't use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.