Recent Water Damage Posts
Clogged drain Chaos
Clogged floor drain surrounded by raw sewage.
This homeowner woke up to a strange smell in his home, so he went around checking all rooms. He did not find anything until he went to his basement and there it was, the cause of the horrendous smell, a sewage backup from a clogged drain. The homeowner quickly called a plumber and SERVPRO as soon as he discovered the sewage. The plumber unclogged the drain in order to prevent more sewage from coming into the basement. Luckily for this homeowner, his basement was unfinished, so he was able to keep costs down a bit. There were a lot of contents affected so our SERVPRO team cleaned and saved as many non-porous items as possible. The items that were unsalvageable were properly documented and turned into insurance for the homeowner to get reimbursement for. With 10 air movers, 1 large dehumidifier, and 1 air scrubber the structure was IICRC standard dry within 3.06 days.
Need our services? Give us a call! (636)-856-9700
Ways To Avoid Water Damage To Your Home.
This is the pipe that froze and caused water damage to this homeowner's property.
I bet you didn't know that water damage is one of the most common insurance claims.
Luckily there are ways to prevent water loss in your home. Here are some tips to keep your home safe from water damage.
First, there are some things you can do outside your home to avoid water from making its way in.
- Disconnect hoses after use and disconnect them completely during the cold seasons. Standing water in a hose can freeze in the pipe and create an ice block that can burst your pipes.
- Clean your gutters and make sure your downspouts are 6 feet or more away from your home. This will prevent puddles from forming near the foundation of your home that could potentially cause damage to your home.
- Investigate and fix leaks in a timely manner. If you find unknown water in your home it is always a good idea to investigate where the water is coming from. If you decide to ignore it or wait too long to fix it you could end up with mold or structural damage in your home depending on the severity of the leak.
- Know the location of your main water shut-off. Plumbers say that the water main shut-off is the most important plumbing feature of the house. If you find yourself in a situation where water is causing damage to your home knowing where this is located is essential to minimize further damage.
Want to know more tips?
Call us today!
An Unusual Day in Paradise
This is the flood cut performed by the technicians in order to dry the structure properly.
Imagine that you and your family get all packed up for the week to go to your lake house. Only to find out that when you get there, the water heater was leaking, for who knows how long, and flooded the whole condo. Now you've got six inches of standing water in the whole unit.
This is exactly what happened to a customer and luckily they knew just who to call! The customer contacted SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville office at 9:04 AM and we were on-site within the hour. Upon arrival, the crew began to scope the condo to know exactly what needed to be done. Our crew chief found all the walls that the moisture meter detected as wet and began to place air movers and dehumidifiers in the appropriate areas. They also began to tear out any affected materials to prevent microbial growth. The homeowner did not want the wallpaper to be torn out so we monitored the moisture of it and determined that after 2 days of still detecting moisture we would have to do a flood cut. The homeowner agreed it was in the best interest in order to dry the structure properly.
The crew did the flood cut in the needed areas and placed the air movers back to dry the structure properly. Once the home reads dry on the moisture meter the homeowner will be able to then start reconstruction and be able to enjoy his home away from home again!
Post mitigation of the bathroom that caused the water damage.
Imagine this... You go to bed one night thinking your home is in tip-top shape. You wake to find that your toilet has been overflowing all night. You leave your bedroom to find out that your whole bathroom, hallway, and kitchen floors are now covered with water. You don't know who to call so the first person you think of is your insurance, they tell you to call SERVPRO. Here at SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville, we pride ourselves on our response time to calls. As soon as we get your call the team is on the way to your home. Upon arrival, we scope the damage, explain to you what the plan of action is, and get to work. The water mitigation took roughly a day or two and drying took 3 days. during mitigation, the technicians had to tear out some drywall in order to dry the structure properly. The technicians also had to demo the whole bathroom due to the being unsalvageable. After mitigation, the office made sure to send all paperwork to insurance in a timely manner so this homeowner could get their home back up and running.
Water damage got you down?
Call us today!
The Right Equipment
These air movers are placed in a spot where moisture was detected.
You may be wondering how our equipment does its job during the mitigation process. So let me explain, at the initial inspection we will use detection equipment such as moisture sensors, moisture meters, or thermohygrometers. These all do different things depending on what and where we are detecting moisture. Once we determine where and how wet the structure is we can figure out how many air movers and possibly dehumidifiers are needed. The purpose of an air mover is to enhance evaporation at the surface level which reduces the drying time. In a water-damaged home, dehumidifiers pull in the humid air and then discharge dry warm air. The dry air acts like a sponge absorbing moisture from wet materials. The equipment will stay in the appropriate locations of the home until the structure reads dry on a moisture meter. Once it is all dried up a crew chief or technician will have a final walk-through to ensure that you are happy with the work that SERVPRO has provided.
Want to know more about our process?
We are happy to answer any and all questions you may have. Give SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville a call at (636)-856-4176
Sump Pump Failure
This picture shows standing water in the family room due to a sump pump failure.
This customer's sump pump failed in a time of need. Not uncommon during heavy rain but definitely an inconvenience, but this homeowner knew who to call.
Upon arrival, our production team got to work performing demolition, such as detaching baseboards in order to dry the structure properly and to further prevent mold growth down the road. The team used proper personal protective equipment and properly disposed of all affected materials. They then cleaned the floor post demo and treated it with anti-microbial. The crew placed appropriate equipment to get the structure dried completely. The office manager helped the homeowner out with their insurance claim and made sure that they were fully covered by insurance before our team started work.
The homeowner was impressed by the work SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville performed that they left us this kind of review:
SERVPRO, Greg, and his staff were amazing. I called at 1130 on a Friday night and they were out within 12 hours. They did a great job on the water clean-up and ensuring my basement was dry and cleaned up. They followed up every day and were consistently in contact. They worked seamlessly with my insurance carrier and I had no worries. I was truly impressed with their professionalism and concern about restoring my flooded basement. I would recommend them and will use them again if my sump pump goes out.
Give us a call and let us make it "Like it never even happened." (636)-856-9700
When Water Damage Isn't Responded to Properly, It Can Cause You Plenty of Frustration
When water damages occur in your home or workplace, avoid the frustration and potential risk of handling the cleanup yourself. A professional from SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/ Wentzville will respond quickly, with the right equipment to dry and help protect your property. I come before you all today to provide tips and tricks regarding your response to water damage. Quick disclaimer, these tips and tricks are for clean water only.
- Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in washing machine.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. If you have any questions or need help to ensure your property is drying properly, contact SERVPRO Of Western O'Fallon/ Wentzville and we will come out and make certain that your property is on it's way back to it's pre-damage form.
The Dangers of Water
flooded living room
We've been getting a lot of rainfall lately and there is more to come. You know what that means. Floods! Floods can damage your home in multiple different ways. It can saturate everything in your home like drywall, flooring, and contents. Possibly the most dangerous result of flooding is the mold that will most likely begin growing in less than 48 hours. This is why dealing with water damage immediately is so important. My DIYers out there will probably reach for their mops and box fans once a flooding occurs. Given how little of an amount of water that it takes for mold to occur an how quickly it spreads, I highly recommend getting some professional eyeballs on the situation. SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville can be out to your location in no time to begin the mitigation process in which we will properly, thoroughly, and efficiently clean all building materials to minimize the amount of contents/material that needs to be disposed of or replaced.
My Toilet is Overflowing! What do I Do??
One of the most common types of water damage jobs we at SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/ Wentzville tend to is, toilet related issues such as the supply line or an overflowing toilet. Toilet issues can be caused by a few different things. Your drain could be blocked or clogged, your vent pipe could be blocked, your filler float could be set too high, or it could even be as simple as your supply line breaking. These things can happen to anyone. If you find yourself in a situation like this, remember these tips and exercise them immediately while you wait for help to arrive.
- Remove your toilet tank lid, grab the fill valve, and rig it up so it doesn't refill the tank with anymore water.
- Turn off the water supply near the toilet. Usually there is a valve near the base of the toilet that you can do this with.
- If you aren't able to complete that last step, resort to turning off the water supply for the whole house and or office.
- Mop up the water on the ground, to prevent the water from spreading farther into the home causing more damage.
- Absolutely DO NOT try and flush your toilet while it is overflowing. This will just produce more water which is the opposite of what you want in this situation.
After you have followed the above bullet points call SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville immediately to help you get the damage dried quickly to prevent further damage such as mold.
Brand new home’s basement underwater
So, you’re building a brand new house for you and your family. You might not think that there is much that could go wrong during the building process of your new home. Well, accidents happen. This home pictured here was nearing the end of the building process when a pipe was struck on the top level sending water spilling all throughout the entire home. It was a pretty big mess, but nothing SERVPRO of Western O’Fallon/Wentzville hasn’t handled before. Our team was able to get in, extract all of the water, begin the drying process, and get out so construction on the home could resume. I bet those home builders were happy to have a SERVPRO nearby and come make it “Like it never even happened.”
The draining system in this person's home had backed up.
The draining system is a silent workhorse located in every home or business. When it is working correctly, you probably don't think much of it. But, like most things in this world, draining systems can malfunction. If your draining system malfunctions, then you unfortunately have an issue on your hands. Fear not though. SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville has your back! We see this kind of stuff on a daily basis and know first hand that water damage is nothing to mess around with. Our crew has been thoroughly trained on how to remediate this kind of damage both quickly and effectively. If you have a problem like this, please do not hesitate to give SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville a call!
Water Damage via Sump Pump Failure.
Property damage caused by a water loss can happen in many different ways. In this specific case these homeowners had a sump pump failure after large amounts of rain fall. When water floods a home the homeowner wants to make sure it is properly cleaned up and dried out to prevent further damage. Water damage can lead to things including high humidity levels, collapsing ceilings, crumbling drywall, warped flooring, and even mold damage. Customers always want to, when in doubt, call the professionals. Even a call for a quick moisture check can save you hundreds and save your homes structural integrity. The SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon and Wentzville location is always available, 24/7 to assess most of your property damage needs whether it be residential or commercial.
Raw Sewage Nightmare
This photo shows what our crews walked into.
Our amazing crew at SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville is still working to help our community during this difficult time. Recently we received a call from a local resident who is taking care of her mother who is disabled. Her daughter had stopped by and went to retrieve something from the basement which nobody had gone down to for some time. She found 3 inches of standing sewage water and mold all over the walls and contents. When the drain was cleared our heroes didn't hesitate to help cleanup the basement to make it safe for this local resident to stay at home. This was a very laborious job as we had to demo and dispose of all contents in the entire basement. But our fantastic crew considers it a labor of love as they take great pride in helping out in our community.
When Water Runs For 4 Days
Stripped down and drying equipment is on.
We were called by a man who returned to his home after 4 days only to see that his upstairs toilet ran the whole time. We had to demo the whole whole house out and then start the drying process. We were able to get in and get rid of anything that was damaged beyond repair and bring things that were able to be cleaned and put back to pre-flood state back to the office for our crew here at the office to get to work on it. Before long this beautiful house in Insbrook will be "Like it never even happened."
Unhook your hose
Unhook your hose from your house
So it has recently came to my attention that there are some people that do not know that you need to unhook your hose from your house in the winter. I never really thought about that. It was just something that I always did. This is actually a very important step to winterizing your home. When you do not unhook it the water stays in the hose and backs up into the pipes when the temperature goes below freezing the pipe will then bust from the pressure. That will result to water in your walls and all over your basement. On an average this is about a $5000 claim. That is nothing anyone needs to be dealing with at Christmas. This mess and this expense is easily avoided by simply going outside and unhooking all of your hoses from your house. By the way do not be ashamed if you did not already know this. apparently most people do not know this. Historically here at SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville our busiest time of year is right after a big freeze and this is the reason why.
Tag you water shut off
tag your water shut off
Do you know where your water shut off is in your house? A leaking pipe in your walls can cause massive damage to the inside of your walls, your instillation, your drywall not to mention lead to mold in the future. Knowing where your water shut off is in your house can help a lot. Maybe you know where the shut off is but you may not be the one there when the issue is happening. It is a good idea to locate it and tag it. The shut off is normally in your basement on an exterior wall. Make sure the tag is bright and easy to see. We can get you a tag if you do not have one.
Non weather-related water damage to your home is the second most common insurance claim. You have worked hard for your home and the belongings. Protect them every way you can.
What Can Water Do To Your Home
Water in a basement
Here in the Mid West we are facing major flooding. There are many people displaced from their homes. The water levels have been rising. So you may wonder what that means for your home after the water goes down. Well the bad news is that mold will start to grow as fast as 24 hours. So if your space has had water sitting for more than that you will for sure want to check for mold. I said the bad news like there was good news. I guess you can say the good news is that if you are reading this you are safe. The drywall can be cut out and replaced and things can be replaced if needed. The fact of the matter is water can be dangerous. Not only when it is there but also when it has been removed. Be sure you take to proper measures to get rid of all the moister and make it "Like it never even happened."
What to do when you have water damage.
Water damage tips
WATER DAMAGE TIPS
In the event of water damage in your home follow these few steps right away.
- Get as much water as possible off your wood furniture and get it up off the floor with pieces of aluminum or foam blocks.
- Get as much of the water out as you can with a mop or a shop vac.
- Document everything with pictures.
- Do Not use appliances or electronics that may have been water damaged.
- Do Not use any light fixtures or electrical outlets that may have been water damaged.
- Remove any loose items and paper goods off of flooring that has been damaged by the water.
How Long Does It Take Water To Destroy a Home and Its Content
How long do you think it takes water to destroy a home and its contents? When it comes to water damage time is of the essence. You know the old saying time heals all wounds? Well that is not the case when the wound is a flooded house. Here I am going to go over a time line of the destruction water can cause when not cleaned up at all or not cleaned up properly.
Water contamination will spread quickly. Furniture that is sensitive to moister will begin to turn a white color. And furniture that is on carpet will bleed to the carpet causing unrepairable stains.
Your furniture will delaminate and swell and basically be destroyed. The house will begin to smell because normal household odors will be amplified. Colors on all the colorfast materials in your home will then begin to bleed.
Fungi begins to appear, along with a musty odor. This is the point that your wood is going to warp. Wood floors will become unsalvageable. Your wallpaper and paint are going to start to blister and peel away from the wall.
Mold will have set in. Anyone living in the home will need to move out for health reasons and the structure will need to be completely gutted.
Knowing all of this you now see how important it is to get a reputable company, like SERVPRO Western O’Fallon/ Wentzville out on the job. We are available 24/7 so that we can get to you most of the time within an hour and start to get your life put back in order with minimal damage.
The Different Types Of Flooding
What does flood damage restoration entail? Flooding from storms require a whole different type of remediation. You see if you have a bathroom flood from say a tub over flowing. That is a clean water flood. However, when you have a flood in your home do to heavy rains that is water that is very possibly contaminated. It could have sewage that contains harmful bacteria and fecal matter. No matter what kind of flooding you will want to react as quickly as possible. The faster you react the less expensive your damage will be. No matter what kind of flooding you have you will want to put it in the hands of experts that are trained to handle the situation. Time plays a big part in the amount of damage a flood does. Flooding is nothing to mess around with. You are going to want the proper equipment in there to get the job done and done right. When a professional company like SERVPRO of Western O’Fallon/Wentzville comes in to do a flood damage restoration job for you they will handle It accurately and professionally every step of the way. They will first inspect the job, extract the water, clean al of the furnishings and the structure, deodorize, dry the air and do any mold remediation that needs to be done.
Gear Up For Spring
Don't Let Mother Nature Get The Best Of You This Spring
There are some things that you as a homeowner can do to help prevent water damage to your home. Spring is known for rain. Here in the Western O’Fallon / Wentzville area we have for sure been dumped on by mother nature this past winter so let’s get ourselves geared up for a heavy weather spring. Expect the worst and hope for the best. So here are a few things you can do.
- Check your gutters. I am sure you all cleaned them out this past fall (wink wink) It is still good practice to check them again for the spring. While your up there please take down those Christmas light if you haven’t already. LOL
- Inspect your roof at least once a year. This is just good practice. We had some heavy winds last week. It would be a lot easier to replace some shingles on your roof than to repair and replace your ceiling, insulation and floors. If you are not sure who to call Dawson Roofing in Flint Hill is good.
- So those are some things you can do to your house but let’s not forget the landscaping. The weather is getting nicer and we are all looking for things to do outside anyway right? Go ahead and take the dog for a walk but after that do these few things to help prevent yourself from having to call SERVPRO of Western O’Fallon / Wentzville.
- Be sure when choosing what to plant that you keep plants with invasive roots away from your foundation and also any pipes or water lines buried in your yard.
- Trees are for sure a great addition to your landscaping but make sure that there are no branches that will damage your siding or roof in a storm.
- This probably goes without saying but make sure that your drains are on a downhill slop away from your foundation.
- I know we all love a sprinkler system but be sure they are not spraying water at your foundation.
- If you have done all of this and still find yourself in a bind do no hesitate to call us 24/7. Water damage is one of those things that become more and more costly over time. You do not want to leave it sit. Also keep in mind that not done properly you may be calling us for mold damage in the future.
Help Prevent Frozen Pipes this Winter in St. Charles County
Don't let frozen pipes make you spend more this holiday season.
Winter is here!!! (Yes, that is a Game of Thrones reference for any of you GoT fans.) The temperature has started falling (and fast) in the St. Charles County area, so SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville wanted to share a few tips on how to prevent some pretty nasty water damage by preventing your pipes from freezing this winter.
- Keep your garage door(s) closed, especially if there are any water supply lines in there.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors help warm air to circulate around the plumbing (don't forget to remove anything harmful to little ones or pets beforehand).
- Let the cold water drip from a faucet, even a trickle can help!
- Keep the thermostat consistent day and night.
- If you plan on leaving for an extended amount of time, leave your heat set at no lower than 55 degrees.
- For long term help, add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
Source: Consumer Reports
It's the Water you don't See that Causes the Most Damage
This water damage in a homeowner's basement is evident by the wet footprints made in the carpeting
Home is Meant to Be your Safe Haven
Your home is most often a place of relaxation and safety, but when water starts to leak, your home could become a source of stress very fast. The possibility of harmful mold, rotting wood, and other unseen damages could affect the structure of your home and the health of your loved ones if it isn't addressed fast enough. Once you see the signs of a leak or water damage, it's time to call the professionals at SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville. These re the most common signs of water damages:
- Musty smells
- Mold growth on surfaces inside of home
- paint peeling away from walls
- floors warping or buckling
- Sagging in walls and ceilings is a sign of retained water that must be extracted
- Discolored patches along walls or ceiling that may appear as a stain
- Water pooling next to house with rain
If you notice any of these signs in your home you can trust SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/ Wentzville professionals to safely clean and restore your home with the following procedures:
- Identify source and type of water
- Measure temperature and humidity for drying analysis
- Survey the extent of damage and inspect the premises for any other hidden moisture
- Perform emergency water extraction
- move and block furniture and contents
- Inspect carpeting along with the carpet padding and provide service
- Apply necessary treatments such as disinfectants or deodorization
- Utilize advanced drying and monitoring equipment
- Dispose of debris
Clean Water Damage Tips
This is an example for why you never turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
When water takes over your home, its important to know what to do and what not to do. The first thing a homeowner should do is determine if the water damage is from a clean water source(bathtub overflow, washer leak, ice-maker leak etc.) or a contaminated one (ex. sewage). If you find water damage in your home, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville.
Water damage from a clean water source:
SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville has broken down these water damage tips into a simple list for homeowners.
What to do with water damage from a clean water source:
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the source of water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for the affected wet areas of the building if it is safe to do so.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting with towels.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions to ensure even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting. Remove any materials that are valuable or especially sensitive to moisture(Examples: painting, art works, computers, paper documents, and old books).
- Use Wooden Clothespins to keep the skirting of furniture off damp/wet floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
What NOT to do with water damage from a clean source:
- Don't enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may be present.
- Don't enter affected areas where electrical objects are exposed to standing water.
- Don't leave books, newspapers, magazines, or other colored print items on wet floors. This may cause staining.
- Don't leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to wall carpets, this may cause staining.
- Don't use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, this could potentially cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don't TVs or other appliances while standing on wet floors, especially not wet concrete floors.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet
- Don't enter rooms where where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
If you aren't sure if it's safe, it's always a good rule of thumb to call the professionals. Our crews are always ready to answer your calls. Call SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville at (636) 856-9700.
Dealing with Contaminated Water Damages
This is an example of a contaminated water damage from a sewage back-up that came up through the homeowner's toilet in the basement.
When your toilet backs up into your newly finished basement, who are you going to call?
SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville crew technicians are specially trained to handle mitigation of a contaminated water damage event such as this. Our crews are ready to respond to your emergency at any hours of the night with 24/7 emergency services. Before help arrives, we have constructed a list of Do's and Don'ts for contaminated water damages.
- Avoid all contact with contaminated area and items contaminated.
- Wash hands thoroughly if you had contact with contaminated items.
- If possible stay completely out of affected areas.
Don't do this
- Don't spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Don't turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air particles.
- Don't use household fans to dry structure, this could also spread contaminants
- Don't use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Faster to yourWestern O'Fallon/ WentzvilleWater Damage Event
SERVPRO ofWestern O'Fallon/Wentzvilleprovides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Western O'Fallon/Wentzville
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we.SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO ofWestern O'Fallon/ Wentzvillearrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 –636-856-9700
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/ Wentzville
SERVPRO ofWestern O'Fallon/Wentzville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Water Damage, Lake St Louis , MO
This customers Sump Pump failed and flooded the basement with standing water.
Western O'Fallon/Wentzville Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Western O'Fallon/ Wentzvile basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 636-856-9700
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 636-856-9700
SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville provides 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage restoration service.
SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today -636-856-9700
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville
SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.