Heat lamp causes garage fire!!
This homeowner was so excited to get chickens and raise them to be family pets. She got them a coop set up in the garage and monitored them frequently. One evening while away the heat lamp overheated and started a fire in their garage causing damage to the whole garage and causing soot damage to their kitchen and the rest of the home. When SERVPRO Western O'Fallon/Wentzville was called we quickly arrived on-site to do a scope of work and let me homeowner know what will be done during remediation. She was very happy to be included in every conversation regarding her home. The crew began packing out her home that day and brought back contents to the warehouse in order for us to begin cleaning. While contents were being cleaned at the warehouse the rest of the crew begin the demo and cleaning that needed to be done at the home. The crew made sure to contact the adjuster daily and anytime a question about coverage arose. This homeowner's structure fire mitigation took about 2 weeks to dry sponge and demo the affected areas. The contents took about a month to get back to the homeowner as it was a larger home and some of the contents were heavily sooted. Once all items were returned the homeowner was happy with the way SERVPRO WOW handled it all. She let us know that she would be recommended us to anyone she knew that needed our kind of help!