If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (636) 856-9700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Battery Powered Fire

9/20/2021 (Permalink)

Pre-mitigation of garage This garage was completely unsalvageable due to the fire caused by the drill battery.

These new homeowners were going down the right path when they decided to upgrade their fire alarm system. After a few months of living in the home, the alarms, unfortunately, failed them and did not notify the family of the fire. The fire started because of a drill battery that had been left plugged into its charger all night.  The family was able to get out of the home safely but their house was not in a liveable condition. They knew who to call. SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville was on site within a couple of days ready to access the situation.

While on-site the crew gutted the whole house and packed away the contents that could be saved. Here at the office, we have started cleaning contents in order to get them back to the customer in a timely manner. The office staff has been in contact with the customer often to update them on the timeline of their contents and the progress that is being made on their home.

While many people don't know that lithium-ion batteries cause many fires due to the battery pack failing and bursting into flames. it is recommended to only charge the battery until fully charged and then unplugging it from the charger. 

Need more fire prevention tips? 

Call us today! (636)-856-9700

Other News

View Recent Posts