Fire Safety Preparedness
As you all when a fire happens it's unexpected. You should always have a plan in place and a fire safety kit
Here are some essentials you should consider including in your kit:
- Water, we recommend one gallon per day for several days. For drinking and sanitation.
- Battery-powered or hand-cranked radio and flashlight.
- A first aid kit with bandaids in several sizes, gauze dressings, antibiotic ointment, alcohol wipes, and a blanket, etc.
- Non-perishable foods.
- Local maps
- Complete change of clothes appropriate for the climate
- Books, games, puzzles, and other activities for young children.
There are some good kits at your local stores that have most of these included but you can always add extra to be fully prepared. In the event of a disaster make sure your family has a plan and review this plan every month as things can change.