Storm Season Preparation
As we inch closer and closer to the long awaited conclusion of 2020, it's time to start thinking and preparing for that second wave of storms we here in Missouri expect towards the end of each year. Here is how SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville recommends you prepare your home for storm season.
- Trim the trees in your yard.
- Clean your gutters and waterproof your home
- Get a back up sump pump
- Secure things such as patio furniture
- Install storm shutters
- Put together an emergency kit that will help in case of power outage
- Put together a "to-go" emergency kits filled with contacts or items you might need if you are out of your home
- Compose an inventory sheet for things around the house
- Consider getting a generator
Do these things and enjoy the peace of mind that comes along with it.