Preparing Your Business for Disaster
This one is for all my business owners out there. I know owning a business can be very stressful and can feel like the workload is never ending. Proactiveness towards potential disaster probably isn't too high on your list of priorities. But, if you execute these 10 steps, you can rest a little easier knowing that you'll be ahead of the curve if something disastrous were to happen to your place of business.
- Assess your risk from both the inside and outside.
- Assess your critical business functions.
- Prepare your supply chain.
- Back-up your data.
- Create an emergency management plan.
- Create a crisis communications plan.
- Assemble emergency supplies.
- Plan for an alternate location.
- Review your insurance coverage.
- Test your plan.
Doing these steps will grant you peace of mind knowing that when disaster strikes, your business will be that much closer to recovering from it.