If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (636) 856-9700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Melted Microwaves!

9/9/2020 (Permalink)

microwave melting from candle fire Microwave after scented candle mishap occurred right underneath of it.

Scented candles. A staple in every home. Especially in these upcoming fall months. While they fill your home with lovely scents, it can be pretty easy to leave them unattended. Leaving a candle unattended is more dangerous than you may think. Just ask the owner of this microwave. SERVPRO of Western O'Fallon/Wentzville took care of this family's candle malfunction and made it "Like it never even happened." They say you should only let candles burn for about 20-30 minutes before blowing them out. Not many people actually abide by this little rule, but more should. You're getting the full effect of the candle while also substantially decreasing the risk of that candle burning your house down.  So, next time you spark up that sweet cinnamon pumpkin candle of yours, don't leave it unattended or you could have an unexpected accident in your home. 

Other News

View Recent Posts