Should you clean your air ducts?
Should you have your air ducts cleaned? If you remove contaminants from your home’s air duct system, the effects of dust and mold reduced. Clean, healthy, circulating is exactly what people who are sensitive to indoor air contaminants need. Allergies are at an all-time high in America. These types of people are very likely to notice an instant relief once they have cleaned their air ducts.
Here are some reasons that you might want to have your air ducts cleaned.
- Allergies. Air ducts are an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, mold, fungi, and other allergens. Kids 4 years old and younger are extremely vulnerable. A lot of times this will lead to allergies or asthma.
- Mold.Air ducts that are in a basement have been exposed to water or moister at some time. This will lead to mold growth. An anti-microbial should be fogged into the system after the cleaning to prevent future growth.
- Pets. Animal hair will build up over time. Not only causing allergy problems but also cause the HVAC system to not work properly.
- Dust. New home owners can find this particularly frustrating. They will dust and dust everyday only to find that there is always a new layer. Until you clean the construction dust out of the air ducts this will happen.
- Efficiency. By getting rid of the years of build up of pet hair , dust, and insects you will not only have a healthier home but your HVAC system will be able to run at top performance and will in turn last longer.