If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (636) 856-9700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What Is Mold

4/2/2019 (Permalink)

What Is Mold?  Mold, according to Wikipedia, is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae.  In contrast, fungi that can adopt a single-celled growth habit are called yeasts.  Sounds very technical.  What you probably are wondering is- What does mold look like?  Can it make me sick?  Is it dangerous? And How do I get rid of it?  So, let me be a little clearer for you.  Mold comes in several different colors.  There is green mold.  This is the mold you will find on bread in a fuzzy patch.  It is penicillium mold and is not usually dangerous if you accidently consume it.  The most common type of mold that you want to worry about is known as Black mold.  It is commonly found on foods and in your air conditioning systems.  You may also find it on the back of toilets, painted surfaces and air ducts.  For the most part it is nontoxic, but it can trigger some bad allergy type symptoms.  Mold is not something you want to mess around with.  To get rid of it you can call us at SERVPRO of Western O’Fallon/Wentzville.  We have the proper safety equipment, and the proper tools to remove it and remove it for good.  There are some home remedies that you can find on the internet.  However, for the most part this is not a permanent cure for your mold problem.  Our team of trained techs can get rid of your problem for good.

Other News

View Recent Posts