What should I expect from a true mold removal professional?
Any Professional Mold removal professional should be able to explain to you your mold removal project in a way you can understand. If your contractor is unable to explain the basic processes and steps of mold remediation and removal in a way that you understand than they are maybe not a good fit for you. If they are trying to confuse you about the process and scare you into hiring them, do NOT hire them.
Here are some things to expect from a professional-
- When dealing with Mold proper safety gear should always be warn from head to toe.
- The work area needs to always be sealed off.
- Professional equipment such as HEPA air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, commercial-strength dehumidifiers, etc. are very expensive and regular handymen won’t have that stuff.
- Once the mold is physically removed the air should be cleaned of airborne mold spores using HEPA air scrubbers and air exchange. In other words, all the bad air needs to be replaced with good clean air.
- When vacuuming and using air scrubbers for mold remediation, the filters used should be High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA). HEPA filters are the only filters designed get particles as small as mold spores.
- Moldy porous building materials like drywall, insulation and baseboards are relatively inexpensive to replace and difficult to impossible to restore to their previous uncontaminated condition. Therefore, they are removed.
- A professional will use an antimicrobial chemical to clean any remaining mold and mold stains after they demo the job.
- A professional will often use a sealer or encapsulant to make the treated areas more resistant to water damage, mold, and odor control.
SERVPRO of Western O’Fallon / Wentzville will meet the highest of standards and will be there for you to make your mold project “Like it never even happened.”